"It is a universal truth acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
I am proud to announce that I FINISHED Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I tried to read it in high school, and then again my first year of college, but couldn't really understand it. I guess I was too immature. Now that I am SO mature, I read the whole gosh darn thing, and found it to be actually quite good. I must confess that I found myself LAUGHING out loud at the ridiculousness of it all. I would never have imagined it to be a comedy, but there were many instances that I involuntarily rolled my eyes and chuckled. I think the thing I loved the most is that it is still an accurate commentary on the danger of judging other people. So often we judge someone the first time we meet them and then continue on judging them even before we know anything about them, and then once we get to know them we find that we could've been good friends with them. Anyway, I really liked it and had to boast a little that I finally made my way through an Austen book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is truly a momentous thing, worthy of celebration! Even if you didn't totally love it, now you can have an appreciation of why Maggie and I so love it. We need to have a girls night and watch the movie now. You will laugh out loud! I am so proud of you for actually reading the whole thing.
Post a Comment